Not all steel is made equal
Hardox® wear plate is the world’s leading abrasion-resistant steel, hard from the surface deep down to its core, giving you extended service life.
About Hardox® wear plate.
You may ask “why Hardox® steel?”
The short answer is that if we were in the field, it’s the only steel we would use for wear applications.
But let’s dive further. Hardox® steel provides a unique combination of hardness and toughness. This extreme resistance results in extended lifetimes for wear parts. Extended wear life produces less downtime, allowing the user to run longer and harder than with typical OEM wear parts.
For approximately the same cost, a typical user can get a Hardox® 400 grade wear part that will, on average, last 1.5x as long. That lifetime increases when the user upgrades to Hardox® 500 steel.
The math is simple: try out an EccoFab Hardox® steel wear part today.
Hardox® wear plate has several properties that provide excellent wear protection:
- Hardness minimizes wear since it is difficult for the ‘edges’ of abrasive material to cut into the hard surface
- The hardness is more than skin deep – Hardox® wear plate is hard throughout
- The hardness does not conflict with Hardox® wear plate structural performance
- It can take heavy blows without being deformed
- It resists cracks if subjected to plastic deformation
- If a local crack occurs, it will resist propagation
- Hardox® comes in a wide range of grades and dimensions to suit your particular application
Learn more about the technical specifications and properties of Hardox® wear plate.