Not all steel is made equal.
Hardox has several properties that provide excellent wear protection:
- Hardness minimizes wear since it is difficult for the ‘edges’ of abrasive material to cut into the hard surface
- The hardness is more than skin deep – Hardox is hard throughout
- The hardness does not conflict with Hardox’s structural performance
- It can take heavy blows without being deformed
- It resists cracks if subjected to plastic deformation
- If a local crack occurs, it will resist propagation
- Hardox comes in a wide range of grades and dimensions to suit your particular application
You may ask “why Hardox steel?”
The short answer is that if we were in the field, it’s the only steel we would use for wear applications.
But let’s dive further. Hardox® steel provides a unique combination of hardness and toughness. This extreme resistance results in extended lifetimes for wear parts. Extended wear life produces less down time, allowing the user to run longer and harder than with typical OEM wearparts.
For approximately the same cost, a typical user can get a Hardox 400 grade wearpart that will, on average, last 1.5x as long. That lifetime increases when the user upgrades to Hardox 500 steel.
The math is simple: try out an EccoFab Hardox wearpart today.